Be Winter Ready and Save With These Conservation Tips!
All of us at Tracey Energy hope your summer was full of quality family time, relaxation and anything else you desired. As we transition to heating season, it’s time to get ready for holiday gatherings, snowball fights and, of course, lower energy bills! By following these helpful tips you can conserve energy and keep more money in your pockets this winter.
- Schedule a heating system tune-up before winter begins to ensure it’s operating at maximum efficiency
- If you have air conditioning units in your windows, remove them to prevent drafts
- Attach a bottom seal to your home’s doors
- Fix air leaks around doors, windows and electrical outlets to keep the warm air in and the cold air out
- Check your windows for cracks
- Inspect weather stripping and caulking for damage
- Wrap your pipes in insulation to prevent them from freezing
- Ensure your ceiling has at least six inches of insulation to keep warm air in and reduce condensation
- If you have a fireplace, inspect and clean the chimney, and make sure the damper is closed when not in use
- Keep your closet doors and kitchen vent closed when not in use
- Inspect and insulate your ductwork
There you have it… follow these steps and you’ll be winter ready. Don’t forget to schedule a heating system tune-up. Contact Tracey Energy today before the winter rush begins.