Save Money With Our Summertime Conservation Tips
You hear a lot about energy conservation tips for homeowners to practice in the winter to lower their fuel and energy bills, but what about the summer? Air conditioning is an amazing invention, but it can have an impact on your energy bills, especially if your system is outdated.
At Tracey Energy, we care about your home comfort, but we also understand the costs that come along with it. That is why we put together this list of summertime conservation tips to help you stay cool at an affordable price.
Use these conservation tips to reduce your energy costs:
- Schedule a tune-up: One of the best ways to reduce energy costs this summer is by maximizing the efficiency of your cooling system with a tune-up. It will also help improve your comfort inside!
- Adjust your thermostat: Keep your thermostat set to the highest temperature that is comfortable for you to avoid over working your air conditioner and driving up energy bills.
- Use fans instead of A/C: On milder days, try using fans to cool your home instead of air conditioning. Fans use drastically less energy than air conditioners to cut back electricity costs.
- Off-peak electricity: Utility companies charge more money during "peak" hours during the day. Try using energy in the early morning or late evening to avoid higher rates.
- Close doors & vents: Remember to close the doors to unoccupied rooms and A/C vents to limit wasted energy in your home.
You can find our full list of energy conservation tips here.
If you have any questions about your current air conditioning system, you can call us at 203-777-5747.