Time to Replace Your Heating System? What to Look For!
This late into the heating season you might find yourself wondering if it’s worth it to replace your heating system. Since this isn’t a decision to make lightly, we’re happy to share with you a few telltale signs that indicate an upgrade is in your best interest!
Here are a few signs that your heating system might be due for an upgrade:
- You’ve had it for more than 15 years: When your furnace or boiler nears the end of its operational life, it’s becoming less efficient and more costly to maintain.
- Higher energy bills: Are your energy bills suddenly higher than usual despite you using the same amount of energy? This could point to an issue with your furnace.
- Costly repairs: If repairs are expensive, it might make more sense to upgrade. While a replacement furnace might cost more at the outset, the long term savings of a more efficient system may be worth it.
- Uneven temperatures: If you’re dealing with hot and cold spots throughout your house, that’s a telltale sign your furnace isn’t efficiently delivering hot air.
- Exterior damage: If there are signs of obvious disintegration on the outside of your furnace, it’s important to get it taken care of before it becomes a serious hazard.
- Noisy: Rattling, humming, popping or screeching noises are not just annoying, they’re also signs of potential failure or issue in need of repair.
Even if it is late into this heating season, there’s always the next one! So consider an upgrade to ensure and improve your comfort during the colder months. Modern home heating equipment boasts efficiency ratings as high as 95% - just look for the ENERGY STAR® rating!