Kick Out Winter Blues With These Fun And Easy Conservation Tips
We know what you’re thinking: how can summer already be behind us? Seasons change quickly around this time of year, but don’t worry – there’s still plenty to look forward to this heating season, like crisp mornings, sledding, snowball fights, holiday gatherings, and lower energy bills! Below, you’ll find some helpful and fun DIY projects that will reduce your energy expenses and give you more money to spare on holiday gifts for your family.
- Get a heating system tune-up before the season begins.
- Install bottom seals on your home’s doors to prevent drafts.
- Correct air leaks around windows, doors and electrical outlets. This will help keep the warm air indoors and the cold air outdoors.
- Replace any cracked glass in your windows.
- Check your weather stripping and caulking to make sure it’s not damaged.
- Make sure your ceiling has at least six inches of insulation.
- Wrap your pipes in insulation to guard against heat loss and clogging due to freezing.
- Have your fireplace chimney cleaned and inspected regularly.
- Remove air conditioning units from windows. Gaps created by window units can create drafts.
- Close your kitchen vent, fireplace damper and closet doors when not in use.
- Inspect your ductwork and wrap it with duct insulation.
Contact Tracey Energy for more energy-conserving tips or to schedule a heating system tune-up, which can help reduce your fuel expenses by as much as 10 percent.