Air Conditioning System’s Sizing and Summer Energy Costs
When it comes to getting the most out of your air conditioning system without driving up utility costs, the most important thing to consider is the sizing of the equipment itself. While a highly efficient system will save you on cooling costs, it won’t have as much of an impact if the equipment you’re using is too big or too small for your home.
A perfectly sized air conditioning system is just what your home needs to help keep cooling costs manageable!
If an air conditioning system is too big or too small, it can end up costing you more on your annual energy bill. Here’s how:
- Will run almost continuously as it’s unable to reach the temperature set by the homeowner
- Won’t be able to remove moisture from the air, leaving you with a humid home
- Will deliver very little or no airflow to the vents – typically prompting homeowners to further crank up the system.
- Will work in quick bursts, cooling a home down too quickly to properly cycle, causing more wear and tear
- Drains more energy as it constantly starts up and shuts off more rapidly
- Leaves the home with uneven coverage, causing warm spots throughout the space
Let an HVAC expert help you pick the A/C equipment that’s right for your home
A properly sized AC system, including central systems or ductless units, will let you enjoy optimal levels of cool comfort and proper humidity control without worrying about how much it costs to run the equipment. Call or contact Tracey Energy today to schedule a FREE evaluation of your current air conditioning system – and don’t forget to ask about our on-going cooling equipment offers!