Benefits of Upgrading Your Furnace
Many Connecticut homes are heated with forced air furnaces because they provide safe and efficient heat that accommodates the need of every homeowner! Even if your furnace has been reliable for many years, however, it may be worth it to replace your old furnace with a new, more efficient model.
Furnaces have improved dramatically over the years, and because of this, there are some major benefits to upgrading your furnace:
- Lowering Utility Bills: If your furnace is 15-20 years old, it may not be running as efficiently as newer models with higher AFUE ratings. Today’s models are up to 98% efficient – a significant increase from older models.
- Less Frequent Repairs: Letting an old furnace scrape by year after year can cause repair costs to pile up. Routine maintenance can help reduce the need for repairs, but as the furnace ages, they need more and more repairs and replacement parts.
- Enhanced Comfort: If you’re not getting enough heat in certain areas of your home, an old furnace could be the cause! Modern furnaces have improved and more efficient blowers that help circulate and clean the air in your home.
- Improved Reliability: Upgrading your furnace now will be less costly than it would be to replace your furnace in the middle of an emergency breakdown. You can count on a brand new, modern furnace to last for years and years to come.
- Optimal Safety: There’s a higher potential for safety concerns with older or poorly maintained furnaces. A furnace more than 20 years old could create safety hazards for your home and family.
There are no downsides to upgrading your home heating system! In addition to the benefits mentioned above, there are also rebate programs running in Connecticut that can earn you money back just for upgrading to a higher-efficiency system. Call or contact Tracey Energy online to start upgrading!